- Members (Still growing !):
- Those who have shown up so far:
Amita, Arun, Arvind, Dilip, Kalpana, Kalyan, Madhu, Mala, Manju, Mira, Naren, Neerja, Neeru, Parul, Parvati, Pooja,
Poornima, Prakash, Prasad, Raj, Rajan, Reeta, Renu, Ruby, Sanjay, Sanket, Shamik, Shobhana, Shona, Shyam, Sidhu, Smita,
Sujata, Urvi, Varsha, Vasan
If we missed anyone, please let us know and we will fix it.
- Our Goal:
- To share our passions, interests, travels, creativity, and knowledge so that we learn from,
get to know, and be inspired by one another. It is a potluck to make it easy on everyone.
- What’s PechaKucha?
- Check out the Wikipedia
and the Wired magazine article.
Watch the sample presentation on signs.
- Presentation guidelines:
- Each presenter is allowed 20 images, each shown for 20 seconds - giving 6 minutes 40 seconds of fame before
the next presenter is up. This keeps presentations concise, the interest level up, and gives more people the
chance to present. Deviation from the guidelines are humored but not encouraged!
- The host can choose a theme, however it’s not necessary to stick to it!
- The host chooses a date (usually a Friday or Saturday, approximately 6 weeks from prior event) and sends out an
invitation to the email list on file and coordinates the presenters and the potluck menu.
If anyone wants to host a PechaKucha Potluck, come to one of the events and let us know.
Host needs to have a way to project photos on a wall or big screen TV. Some tech help can be provided.
- If you want to present or just watch, you are most welcome. Just contact any one of the hosts or presenters
from the past events.
If you are thinking of presenting - choose a topic that interests you deeply and that you
wouldn't ordinarily talk about in a social setting. Or it can be about a hobby or a conference you just attended
or your insights into human nature or a wild invention idea or timely social issues, or travel...
there is no subject that is off limits. Your images can consist of words, photos, music, videos or any combination.
Bring it on a thumb drive. Arrange technical issues with the host ahead of time. Most importantly have fun
preparing it and presenting it.
- 7:30-8:30 – Arrivals and socialize
- 8:30 – 9:30 – PechaKucha
- 9:45 – Dinner and more socialize